Selling Property in Baldwin
Property Owners must complete the following applications and submit the associated fees in order to sell their property within the Borough:
- Lien Letter - $20
- Dye Test and Sewer Camera Inspection - $35
- Occupancy Inspection and Permit - $150
Please submit your forms and fees to the Borough at least 3 weeks prior to your closing date.
You can find PDF or online versions of all the forms here.
Forms are accepted through the following methods:
- Faxed - 412-882-9743
- In person at the Borough Building
Fees can be paid in person with cash, check, debit, or credit cards. Fees can be mailed as checks or money order.
Lien LetterThis letter verifies that there are no liens on the property. If there are outstanding liens, they will need to be paid off before the lien letter will be issued.
All properties that are sold, refinanced, transferred, assigned, or mortgaged must have a sanitary sewer certificate no ensure that all storm water enters into a storm sewer and there are no cracks or root intrusion in the sanitary sewer line. The test and inspection must be completed by an Allegheny County certified plumber and returned to the Borough. A sanitary sewer certificate is good for 5 years. If you are unsure whether your property has a valid certificate on file, please contact Stephanie Matus at 412-882-9600, extension 257
Occupancy Inspection & PermitThe Borough’s Code Enforcement and Zoning Officer will come to the property to inspect for compliance with the Borough’s code and safety standards. Specifically, they will be focusing on:
- Exterior maintenance of property
- Smoke Detectors (1 per floor, 1 per bedroom)
- GFCI’s in kitchen or bath within 6 feet of water and outside, garage, and in unfinished basements
- Handrails when there are more than 4 risers - inside and outside
- Proper venting of hot water tank and furnace
- Bath fans in all bathrooms without windows
- Health and safety issues (trash, high grass, abandoned vehicles, etc.)
- Fire extinguishers in all rental properties
- Electrical wiring in good condition
- Plumbing in compliance with International Plumbing Code
- Integral garage ceilings separated from living space above
- Solid wood or steel door at threshold between basement and integral garage