The Baldwin Borough’s Draft Comprehensive Plan and Ordinance was updated in 2015.
The planning process set the stage for the Borough to:
- Enhance forward-thinking vision;
- Provide leaders with the knowledge and tools to make informed decisions;
- Promote opportunities for public engagement in implementation;
- Integrate residents' knowledge of the borough with a clear understanding of the conditions and trends; and
- Provide clear information and graphics to promote discussion and clear understanding.
The Comprehensive Plan recognizes several considerations including:
- Balancing Budgets with Services (Needs vs. Desires)
- Reinforcing Quality of Life in the Community
- Opportunities for Redevelopment
- Improving specificity of community Ordinances
- Transportation networks and systems
- Building on Current Infrastructure Assessments/Plans of Action